The fingerprinting process is easy! Call of our Fingerprinting Division at 614-877-3357 to set an appointment at our convenient storefront location. We are generally open 9:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Some exceptions exist, so call ahead to set a time to come in.
- Valid driver license/ID card or passport.
- Information for processing your background check.
- Name & address of the organization receiving your results
- ORC/FBI reason code(s) for the fingerprinting.
- Payment (unless the employer is set up for invoicing ahead of time). We accept cash, business check, or major credit cards (processing fee applies).
You should plan for about 10 minutes, depending on the image quality we get on your fingerprints. The process consists of completing an intake form giving permission to take your fingerprints, followed by the electronic imaging of your fingerprints, and then payment.
Ohio law allows 30 days for Ohio BCI to complete the check. Normally, the results take 10 days or less, but once the fingerprints are submitted to BCI for processing, we have no way to expedite results.
To follow up on results, you can contact our office to verify some basic details. However, contacting Ohio BCI directly may yield better information, such as when the results document was mailed out. Our office cannot check or follow up on backgrounds that were completed at another agency. Ohio BCI can be reached at 740-845-2000.